2019 is a big goal year for me. In January, I set five goals that I want to accomplish across several categories, including writing, engagement, planning, development, and personal. They stretch me, in a good way, and don’t feel overwhelming (at the moment anyway). In the end, we all benefit from reaching them because you get books and I get to have written them for you! Win-win, amiright? In this post, I’m updating you, dear reader, on what I plan on working on this month to reach those big goals.
LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE MAY OR MAY NOT BE AFFILIATE LINKS AND AS SUCH, I MAY RECEIVE SMALL COMPENSATION AT NO EXTRA EXPENSE TO YOU.
Note that these are not my overarching goals for 2019. Instead, these are the breakdown of those goals into manageable pieces. I chat more about setting specific goals in a previous post on the topic.
Goal 1 Writing Books
- Write The Trouble With Christmas Cheer
- Edit The Trouble with Christmas Cheer
- Outline Becoming Jezebel
Goal 2 Reader Engagement
Write a short story about Trip and Libby for my newsletter subscribers.
- Post to my blog once a week.
- Post an article to Medium once a week.
- Post daily to Instagram.
- Post weekly to Facebook.
- Post weekly to Instagram Stories or IGTV
Goal 3 Planning & Organization
- Set content calendar for August.
- Update site images and H2 tags.
Goal 4 Personal
- Creativity: Make time to be creative, especially for the following:
- Weekly bible journaling for Tuesday night bible study class
- Write monthly cards to penpals
- Update planners – Hobonichi Weeks and Happy Planner – on Sunday to be ready for the week
- Reading: Read four more books from TBR
Goal 5 Development
- Complete writing courses on Gale University
- Finish “Mastering Plot Twists” by Jane K. Cleland and Donald Maass and “Steering the Craft” by Ursula Le Guin
My Main Goal
I aim to complete these goals by the end of the month but, honestly, it’s a lot to accomplish, particularly since I’m gone for the second week of it! Of all the goals, finishing The Trouble With Christmas Cheer is at the top of the list.
What do you want to accomplish during the month of July? Let me know in the comments!